Hi, Welcome to DanSpec.net
My name is Dan, and I created this page to track and share the progress of my builds, I live in Canberra, Australia, and have loved cars since I knew what a car was, which has led it to being one of my major hobbies.There isn't a whole lot that I wont tackle myself out in the shed, from general maintenance to an engine rebuild, auto builds, drive line swaps, rust repairs and lots more.
I currently I have 3 cars:
1977 KC Centura - Summernats Burnout Machine
1970 VF Valiant Regal Hardtop - EFI turbo slant 225
1974 TC Cortina 2L Pinto
Each of these cars have been worked on extensively by myself whenever I can get a chance. Please check out the entire site and if you are interested in any of the work I have done or have any questions, drop me a line via the Contact Dan page
website updates are few and far between these days, i still spend time on the cars, here's a good example of that ;)
so i turbo'd the slant,
worked well with the EFI conversion, easy to add forced induction, basically
- RX7 series 5 turbo that i got from a mate real cheap
- BA falcon intercooler
- 2.5" exhaust
i set this all up on the original motor (Will get it all with pics below), ran it like that for a while but it had always been a bit down on power/stumble off idle, etc, looked further into that and found that the motor had a badly burnt valve,
number 6 being the offender
So yes they will run like that, just not awesome
A friend was nice enough to donate me a runner slant that he pulled out for a conversion and had been sitting around for a while, ended up giving it a once over/full tear down, ended up pulling both motors down, my original motor had badly scored bearings, glazed bores, etc etc, so it was due for something to be done anyway.
- left the cam
- bearings were good
- broke a ring so ended up installing newies
- found out the hard way late and early cranks do not have the same crank flange spigot at the rear, had to do a quick crank swap the same night that i was due to install the whole situation back into the car, had a few friends over that were keen to get it done so i whipped it out, gave the other crank a once over and dropped it in, re-sealed everything and dropped it in the bay again.
- baffled the stock sump to keep the oil around the pickup under braking (not that it brakes like a modern car, but it stops ok)
Pic of it on the stand with the new coil bracket
Managed to slip an EFI pic in here, it did all kind of happen over the same 4 week period
Fittings ready for a oil feed line
Making the feed and drain flanges out of some 10mm plate
J pipe goodness
We have 3 guests and no members online
Made a heap more progress, my clutch finally got shipped on the 2nd of Nov, i bought the mongrel...
website updates are few and far between these days, i still spend time on the cars, here's a good...